POLICIES - CANCELLATION - DEPOSITS - MISCELLANEOUS
Because of the uncertainty involved in filling rooms on short notice, cancellations affect us significantly and we also have non-recoverable expenses. Furthermore, unlike hotels, specific guest rooms booked are held for guests and Caravel House does not intentionally overbook its rooms. This is why we ask everyone to be certain that their plans are firm, and minds made up before booking as we do charge up to the full amount due in the event of any cancellation. We kindly request that you please inform us immediately of a cancellation or change in plans.
With 14 days or less notice of cancellation, the full amount will become payable. Cancellations with notice of 14 days or more are subject to a charge of 50% of the total confirmed reservation period. Please note that cancellations during busy periods in the year (such as Rugby Fixtures, Fringe Festival & Hogmany) as well as during special events are subject to the full amount 100% being charged regardless of any notice given.
In compliance with UK Law, we would like to respectfully reminded our guests that a confirmed reservation constitutes a legally binding contract, and if a reservation is cancelled at any point, we reserve the right to charge for the full amount.
Deposits and Payment
- A minimum and non-refundable deposit applies to all bookings. This is a minimum requirement to confirm a reservation (payable by Visa, MasterCard or certain Debit Cards.)
- Balances are automatically charged to the credit card on file upon your arrival at the Caravel unless you notify us otherwise on check-in.
- All reservations made within 30 days prior to the arrival date, must be paid in full at the time of reservation. Deposits by check must be presented to us at least 30 days prior to arrival in order to allow sufficient time for the funds to be transfered to our account. Cheques will not be accepted as a valid form of payment within 30 days of your arrival.
- Any guest who wishes to pay by credit or debit card on arrival will be charged an additional 5% of their total outstanding balance due. This percentage is applied to all card transactions regardless of the amount to cover the card processing fees which the Caravel House incur for the use of this payment service.
- Keys must be returned on the day of departure. Any keys that are not returned or lost will incur a £10.00 charge.
- Smoking Policy: In compliance with UK ledgislation, smoking is strictly not permitted anywhere inside or outside in the gardens of the Caravel House.
- Rooms are available for check-in from 14:00hrs. In the unlikely event that your room is not ready upon your arrival, we will be able to register you and provide you with keys to your room which will be ready for you as soon as possible. Guests may store their luggage at Caravel House while they wait for their room to be prepared.
- All rooms must be vacated by 11.00am or guests will be charged another nights stay.
- Any damage by guests to rooms or furniture will be charged to the card on fill or an invoice will be sent to the guests registered address.
- The Caravel House or it's Management or any member of its staff do not except liability for items lost or stolen from the property.
- The Caravel House Management would like to further remind guests using the Guest House Car Park that they do so at their own risk. In addition to this, the management cannot except responsibility for damage to cars or their contents parked in our private carpark.
- Caravel House is a non-elevatored three-story building. All bedrooms and the dining room are accessed via a central staircase.
- We regret we are unable to accommodate pets.
- Parties may not be hosted in the Caravel Housebedrooms, however, you may hire our dining room for such events - Prices are available on request.
- The Caravel House both inside in all of our public areas and the grounds outside are constantly monitored with C.C.T.V.
Caravel House is an Earth Friendly Hotel: Linens and Towels;
We believe that each of us must be socially responsible and that together we can make a difference. We are committed to this philosophy and to you, our customer.
The Project Planet program is an effort of Caravel House to protect the environment through conservation of water and energy and decreased use of detergent. As part of the Project Planet Program, we will launder your linens every three or four days depending on the length of your stay.
We invite you to join us to conserve water by reusing your towels. In addition to decreasing water and energy consumption, you help us reduce the amount of detergent waste water that must be recycled within our community. Please hang towels up if you wish to participate in this program. If not, simply leave your towels in the bath tub and our housekeepers will replenish them when cleaning your room.
We use environmentally friendly laundry detergents. These earth friendly products contain no phosphates or chlorine bleach. Formulas used are Biodegradable with naturally derived ingredients and are super-concentrated so there are no fillers, no unnecessary ingredients and no large bulky containers. That means less plastic for packaging which means it reduces the impact of landfills, water treatment facilities and recycling plants. Products are packaged in recyclable bottles so they can be easily recycled in areas with recycling programs.
We Recycle! All guests are asked to participate in the recycling program set up by Edinburgh City Council. We'll show you how!